Our Target Market
The Master of Entrepreneurship (MsE) was designed for students interested in pursuing technology entrepreneurship or assuming leadership positions in innovative technology-based organizations. Enrollees must have earned an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university, many held advanced degrees.
Our enrollees would answer “yes!” to these questions:
- Am I passionate about launching or working for a technology-based start-up?
- Would I take a job in a small, high potential firm for 80% of market salary plus stock?
- Do I love technology, but want to go beyond invention to application and commercialization?
- Am I willing to take risks for a potentially very high return, and then work hard to succeed?
The Michigan MsE program was designed to:
- Provide students with a comprehensive understanding of technology opportunity identification and implementation
- Educate students in the customer-focused approach to product development
- Provide students with entrepreneurial business skills for venture creation
- Provide students with the opportunity to integrate the key principles of entrepreneurship and technology development and experience the added-value of this cross-disciplinary approach.
By learning how science creates value in the marketplace, graduates of the MsE program are prepared to develop and launch disruptive, scalable ventures that address a societal need.